Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

eye candy and food for thought.

Saw this video on a friend's Tumblr: I'm hooked! This is "Ugly" by K-pop group 2NE1. I'm pretty sure this could be an anthem for many girls out there, even if you don't understand Korean. (I don't either- but the chorus is in English.) ;p 

Chorus: (courtesy of lyricsmode.com)
"I think I'm ugly
And nobody wants to love me
Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don't lie to my face
Cause I know I'm ugly"


It's an interesting thing when women as gorgeous as the ladies of 2NE1 look at themselves in the mirror and don't like what they see. (Actually, who's to say whether they do or don't- pop songs don't always reflect the singers' actual lives!) From one perspective, it makes them seem more down-to-earth; it makes ordinary girls feel as though these superstars can relate to us. That at the end of the day, despite all the glitz and the glam, they have insecurities, just like the rest of us. But on the other hand, it's downright crazy- if our idols don't feel THEY live up to standards of "beautiful," then who can?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment