Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

baby (soft) lips - Maybelline Baby Lips


As an avid magazine reader, I come across a lot of advertisements. This is how I first heard of Maybelline's newest lip balm, ever-so-cutely (and, okay, controversially-more on that later) named Baby Lips.

Confession: I'm vain about my lips, so I'm drawn to almost every product that promises a softer, smoother pout.

After telling my best friend about it  (she responded by looking up reviews on Makeup Alley- the top few she looked at were positive enough) we both ended up getting the "Peach Kiss" color/flavor.

Later that night (after we'd both applied and reapplied a couple times) I decided to do my own research. I went back to Makeup Alley to read more reviews.

I found a mixed bag of responses, ranging from "omg...this is my product of the year" to "I applied it before bed and when I woke up 9 hours later my lips were destroyed." (!!!!!)

But hey, my philosophy is: don't believe the hype (or the horror) unless you've tried it for yourself.

That being said, the comments about the product leaving lips even drier than they previously were has officially freaked me out, so whenever I put my Baby Lips on, I put on Smith's balm or Chap-Ex (generic Chapstick) first.

I'll do another update in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment