Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

clean slate (nighttime skincare routine)



At the end of a long day, there's nothing more refreshing than taking off my makeup. Here's a short and sweet list of what I'm currently using. (However, the makeup cleansing towelettes are subject to change, as I'm still on a quest to find one I like best!)


Step 1: Cleansing towelettes. I use these to make sure I'm getting off the majority of my makeup, with the bonus of cleansing my face. At the moment, I'm using the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes. (I'll probably do another more detailed post on this product later...based on the review I wrote on MakeupAlley.) On nights when I'm extremely tired (or let's face it, just plain lazy) I'll count this as "washing my face," but otherwise, I'll wash my face anyways, even though most towelettes claim there's no need to rinse. Which brings me to...



Step 2: Facial cleanser. I'm currently using A Perfect World Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea by Origins. This was a stocking stuffer- I'm probably gonna have to look for something new once I run out, as Origins is on the pricier side and I am but a somewhat broke college grad. After rinsing and patting my face dry, I go on to...



Step 3: Moisturizer. I was acne prone as a teen, but now that my skin's more or less calmed down (one of the few perks of getting older), I'm in love with Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant moisturizer with White Tea. Again, this was another stocking stuffer. When I was in school, my mom would buy all my skincare products, so I could "afford" higher-end products. But honestly, I love this moisturizer so much, I think I'll go beyond my budget to splurge on it.

Additional Steps:

-Spot treatment. When my skin does flare up, I'll use a spot treatment. I currently have one by Clean & Clear, but I'm planning to move on to a different brand once this one finally runs out.

-Eye makeup remover. I like to layer on my eyeliner (pencil and liquid), so cleansing towelettes don't always get the job done. I'm currently using Almay's oil-free liquid makeup remover. This isn't my favorite brand, but 1) it's formulated for sensitive skin, and 2) Almay doesn't conduct animal testing. (I know, I know, some of the other brands I use still do- I never claimed I would cut them out completely, but I'm in the process of seeking alternatives.)       

4 comments:

  1. hey dear)
    nice blog)loves it)
    would you like to follow each other?)

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about not being able to afford certain products while in school - I struggled with it a lot when I was in undergrad and afterwards as well! I had a sample of the Origins moisturizer but felt it wasn't quite hydrating enough for my skin. Glad you like it though! Love your routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany! (: But I know, right? Ugh. Can't wait for the day I can afford to splurge on beauty products, and not feel guilty about it afterwards!

      Delete