Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Too Faced Melted Rainbow

Aaaanndddd...I'm back again. After a recent conversation with a coworker, I decided to try to get back into writing/blogging. Which means taking baby steps by starting with reviews.

Since my last post over two years ago, I started working full time. That being said, I am still relatively frugal, i.e. I still lean towards drugstore products and only buy from Sephora when either a) I have a gift card, b) it's friends and family discount time, and/or c) there's a big online sale.

During one such occasion I came across this beauty, Too Faced Melted in Melted Rainbow. I became a Melted lipstick fan the moment I tried a sample of Fig. I purchased another set of minis later, but until then, had not come across a shade that I needed so badly I was willing to drop $21 for a full size.

Until I laid eyes on Melted Rainbow, described by the site as a magenta shade. I typically gravitate towards red/berry lip colors, but after purchasing Girl About Town by MAC several years back, I grew a soft spot for pinks. The tipping point was the name...is there anything more yummy sounding than a melted-down rainbow?! *insert rainbow and heart eyes emojis*

My hopes were temporarily crushed upon realizing that not only was this shade exclusive, limited edition and online only, but also only available to those with VIB Rouge Status. I may have more of a disposable income than I did compared to my on-call/temp job days, but I still can't justify spending a minimum of $1000 a year at Sephora alone, even if free shipping is involved. #sorrynotsorry Luckily, I have a best friend who is (ok, WAS) willing to. She made the purchase for me, and almost a month later (we kept missing each other), it was finally MINE.

Even the packaging is perfection.
As with most of the lippies in the Melted line, a little dab goes a long way. Once the satin finish fades, it still leaves a pretty stain that in my opinion, looks just as good (if not better) than the freshly applied product. Melted Rainbow is the stuff of Lisa Frank childhood dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment