Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Product Review- Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal Mascara

Confession: I rarely buy mascara. For the past several years, I've managed to get by mostly on various Clinique mascara samples given to me by my grandma. They're not bad, either! But when my last sample was up--this time a freebie of Benefit's 'They're Real!"--I knew I had to get down to the drugstore, stat. I was aimlessly wandering the beauty aisles of my local Target when I came across the Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Mascara (whatta mouthful) on sale for $5.99. Despite the fact that I hadn't even read any reviews on the product, I grabbed it and bought it. I had purchased the original Volum' Express Colossal before and vaguely remembered that I'd liked it (remember, I hadn't purchased drug store mascara in at least three years), so I figured this one would be just as good, if not better.

Here it is, in its pristine, still-packaged glory:


On initial use, I was not impressed. Having gotten used to the tiny wand brushes of sample sizes, this one felt oversized and awkward. I ended up with mascara on the underside of my eyelid, which was definitely not attractive. Not to mention uneven, clumpy eyelashes.

Despite that unsuccessful first attempt, I decided to give the product another chance. A couple weeks later, and while I'm still not in love, it's an OK mascara: one that I'm willing to use up, but won't be repurchasing afterwards.
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment